Make the internet work for you
We have signed the Digital Skills Charter (external link), committing to ensuring that everyone in West Lancs gets the basic digital skills that they need.
Need help to get online? If you or someone you know needs access to a computer or help using the internet, there’s lots of support available to get you started.
Getting access to the internet
- Libraries (external link): many libraries have public computers and offer free wifi access, check out your local library to see what they have on offer
- Community centres: staff at your local community centre can provide help and support while you take your first steps to be online
- Post Office (external link): staff can tell you the nearest places for access, training and informal online support in your local community
- Free access (external link): Find details of a range of places throughout your community that provide free access to the internet
Developing your skills
Learn my way (external link) offers information on everything from keeping in touch with friends and family to looking for a job, shopping and managing money online.
If you have access to a computer and want to be more confident online Go On Local (external link) has information to help your community get the digital skills that they need and information about what's happening in your local area.
Help with our site
We try to provide a website that is easy to use and accessible for everyone but if you are having trouble, why not read our handy help pages for hints and tips:
Once you feel more confident online you’ll find a whole host of services at your finger tips.
With our website alone, you can access a whole range of services from paying your council tax or council house rent to finding when your bin is due to be emptied or what planning applications have been submitted near to your home.
If you run an organisation or club and you would like to promote it using the internet, there is free help and assistance.
- Community how to (external link) is a specially designed site for community and voluntary groups and has help and information so that you can make the most out of the internet.
Other useful resources
Help and information