There are numerous awards for businesses that take place
both regionally and nationally in which businesses in
West Lancashire have been successful.
Celebrate your success
We want to celebrate this success, so if your company has
recently won an award and you would like to be featured on this
site, let us know about it:
Tel: Regeneration and Estates on 01695 577177
Support Enquiry Form
West Lancashire Challenge Apprenticeship Awards 2014
top apprentices and the employers who invest in apprenticeships had
their achievements recognised at the 2014 West Lancashire Challenge
The awards were introduced by Victoria Hipkiss, Employer Account
Advisor for Lancashire and Cumbria at the National Apprenticeship
Service. She spoke about the benefits of apprenticeships to
businesses and individuals.
The following awards were presented by Councillor Adrian Owens,
West Lancashire Borough Council portfolio holder for
Apprentice of the Year Awards
- Winner: Sam Maison, Home Instead Senior Care (UK) Ltd.
- Highly Commended: Aaron Vaight, Wates Living Space
- Highly Commended: Ben Peel, Taylor’s Farm Shop Ltd.
- Highly Commended: Eleanor Sharrock, Burscough Priory Science
- Highly Commended: Kirstie Dwan, West Lancashire Council for
Large Apprenticeship Employer Award
- Winner: Wates Living Space
- Highly Commended: SCA Hygiene Products Ltd.
SME Apprentice Employer Award
- Winner: Taylor’s Farm Shop Ltd.
- Highly Commended: Riverside Truck Rental Ltd.
- Highly Commended: M&D Cleaning Supplies Ltd.
Recent business awards
Below are details of some recent awards that highlight the
quality and competitiveness of the businesses in our borough:
The Red Rose Awards 2014
Fairbanks Environmental Ltd of Skelmersdale were recently
presented with the International Achievement Award at the Red Rose
Awards Ceremony. Fairbanks provides management services to petrol
firms across 4 countries including Shell and BP.
The BIBAs 2013
Ltd (external link) of Skelmersdale beat off
competition from seven other businesses to scoop the best overall
business award in the 2013 BIBAs.
The Guardian Social Enterprise Award 2013
Brighter Future Workshop (external
link) have been awarded the Guardian Social Enterprise Award
for their work in recycling mobility equipment and training local
disadvantaged and disabled people.