Let's talk Apprentices grant scheme
Are you thinking of recruiting an apprentice into your business? If so we could help with a grant of up to £1,000.
The Let’s talk Apprentices Grant Scheme aims to support eligible West Lancashire businesses to recruit West Lancashire individuals aged 16 to 24 into employment through an apprenticeship programme.
Alongside the government's AGE Incentive grant (external link) this means you could potentially receive up to £2,500 towards recruiting an apprentice for your business (subject to availability and eligibility).
Benefits of recruiting an apprentice
• 84% of employers say they are satisfied with apprenticeships
• Almost 9 out of 10 employers that take on an apprentice report benefits to their business
• 70% reported that apprenticeships improved the productivity or the quality of their product or service
(statistics taken from gov.uk (external link))
Which employers are eligible?
Eligible businesses can apply for a grant of up to £1,000 per apprentice (maximum of 2 applications per business).
To be eligible your business must:
- be a small sized business employing less than 50 employees in the UK
- be based in West Lancashire; please note this must be the business where the apprentice will be located for employment
- commit to employ your apprentice for a minimum of 12 months on the apprenticeship programme or the time it takes them to complete their apprenticeship, whichever is greater
- participate in the Let’s talk Employment and Skills Charter
- Agree to pay the apprentice in line with the legal minimum requirements or more
For more information, please download the Employer Fact Sheet (PDF, 287kb)
Please note, the grant will be issued on a first-come, first-served basis and is subject to availability and eligibility so please register your interest as soon as possible.
How to apply
To apply for the grant, please complete the Expression of Interest enquiry form or contact Tracey Shaw, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01695 712555.
We can also assist with providing more information on apprenticeships or if you require support to find the right candidate.