Let's talk Apprentices grant
Are you thinking of recruiting an apprentice into your business? If so we could help with a grant of £1,000.
The Let’s talk Apprentices Grant aims to support eligible West Lancashire businesses to recruit West Lancashire individuals aged 16 to 24 into employment through the apprenticeship programme.
Alongside the government's AGE Grant (external link) of £1,500 means you could potentially receive £2,500 towards recruiting an apprentice for your business (subject to availability and eligibility).
Benefits of recruiting an apprentice
• 84% of employers say they are satisfied with apprenticeships
• Almost 9 out of 10 employers that take on an apprentice report benefits to their business
• 70% reported that apprenticeships improved the productivity or the quality of their product or service
(statistics taken from gov.uk (external link))
Which employers are eligible?
Eligible businesses can apply for a grant of £1,000 per apprentice (maximum of 2 applications per business).
To be eligible your business must:
- Employ less that 50 employees in the UK
- Participate in the Let’s talk Employment and Skills Charter
- Agree to pay the apprentice in line with the legal minimum requirements or more
For the full eligibility criteria downloadthe Employer Fact Sheet (pdf, 283kb)
The grant will be issued on a first-come, first-served basis and is subject to availability and eligibility.
How to apply
To apply for the grant complete the Expression of Interest enquiry form
For further information contact Tracey Shaw on 01695 712555 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We can also assist with providing more information on apprenticeships and support to find the right candidate.