There are numerous awards for businesses that take place both regionally and nationally in which businesses in West Lancashire have been successful.
Celebrate your success
We want to celebrate success, so if your company has recently won an award and you would like to be featured on this site, please contact the Economic Regeneration Team to let us know about it.
Let's talk Apprenticeship Awards 2016
West Lancashire’s top apprentices and the employers who invest in apprenticeships had their achievements recognised at the 2016 Let’s talk Apprenticeship Awards.
More than 70 people from the private, public and community sectors enjoyed the apprenticeship awards and business growth breakfast at West Tower, Aughton on Thursday 10 March 2016. The event was organised by West Lancashire Borough Council. The successful businesses and individuals include:
Advanced Apprentice of the Year Award
• Winner: Rhys Aspinall – SCA Hygiene Products Ltd.
• Highly Commended: Roisin Sweeney – Face for Business
• Highly Commended: Nicola Glover – Mellors Catering Services Ltd.
Intermediate Apprentice of the Year Award
• Winner: Jack Baybutt – The Cashroom Ltd
• Highly Commended: Portia Taylor-Black – West Lancashire Borough Council
• Highly Commended: Corey Leith – Timber Packaging Solutions Ltd.
• Highly Commended: Kirsty Shire – Portico Nursery Group
Large Employer of the Year Award
• Winner: SCA hygiene Products Ltd.
SME Employer of the Year Award
• Winner: Face for Business
• Highly Commended: The Cashroom Ltd.
• Highly Commended: Timber Packaging Solutions Ltd.
• Highly Commended: Trak Rap Ltd.
Recent business awards
Below are details of some recent awards that highlight the quality and competitiveness of the businesses in our borough:
The Queen’s Awards for Enterprise
Three West Lancashire businesses are celebrating success after winning at the Queen’s Awards for Enterprise held on Thursday 21 April 2016. The West Lancashire winners include:
- Aqua Fabrications Ltd - International Trade Winner
- Fairbanks Environmental Limited - International Trade Winner
- Home Instead Senior Care - Innovation Winner
This follows on from the success of Skelmersdale based shoe manufacturer Hotter who were named winner of a Queen's Award for Enterprise 2015.
Three West Lancashire businesses are celebrating success after winning awards at the 2015 BIBAs event which was held at the Blackpool Tower Ballroom on Friday 11 September. The West Lancashire winners include:
Stocks Hall Nursing and Care Group scoops Central Lancashire's Got Talent Provider Awards 2015
Stocks Hall Nursing and Care Group recently collected two awards at the Central Lancashire's Got Talent awards and were awarded a highly commended status in the people and workforce category as well as outright winner status of the community Award. Both awards signify dedicated contribution to people, staff and corporate social responsibility. The Stocks Hall Group was described as a "leading Lancashire provider and a great example for others to follow."