West Lancs logo

Riding establishment

To run a riding establishment (where horses or ponies are hired out for riding or used for riding instruction) in West Lancashire you will need a licence from the Council.



By post:


Riding establishment licence: £232.67 plus vet fee if required. Licences last for 12 months.

Will tacit consent apply?

The Council will undertake an inspection of the premises. If the inspection is satisfactory the licence will be granted and issued. Tacit consent does not apply due to public safety and animal welfare issues.