To run a caravan site you need to apply for a licence.
Conditions may be attached to a licence to cover any of the
- restricting when caravans can be on the site for human
habitation or restricting the number of caravans that can be on the
site at any one time
- controlling the types of caravans on the site
- controlling the positioning of the caravans or regulating the
use of other structures and vehicles including tents
- to ensure steps are taken enhance the land, including
planting/replanting bushes and trees
- fire safety and fire fighting controls
- to ensure that sanitary and other facilities, services and
equipment are supplied and maintained
Licences will not be issued to applicants who have had a site
licence revoked within three years of the current application.
Will tacit consent apply?
Tacit Consent will apply.
This means that you will be able to act as though your application
is granted if you have not heard from the Council by the end of the
For further information, or to apply, please contact Peter
Rimmer, Team Leader
Tel: 01695 577177