Affordable housing, strategy & development
We respond to Government policy, sub-regional and local priorities in relation to cross-tenure housing matters.
To fulfil this role we develop, drive and evaluate the success of housing strategies, ensuring the involvement of stakeholders and partners in the strategic process.
- Researching local housing need
- Consulting with local interested parties
- Developing cross tenure strategies to meet the housing need of the borough
- Working with partners to secure funding for future provision of affordable housing
- Maximising opportunities for the development of affordable housing and affordable housing products
- Feeding into the development of the Local Plan
- Providing advice and negotiating affordable housing provision with housing developers
- Liaising with other housing agencies/providers in West Lancashire in order to work together more efficiently to provide sustainable communities and meet the Government's “Place Shaping” agenda