West Lancs logo

Insurance for council tenants

Many tenants believe that renting a home from us means that we automatically insure their belongings against theft, fire, vandalism, burst pipes etc. This is not the case and unfortunately many people only realise this after they have suffered a loss.
If you're looking for affordable home contents insurance then our scheme may help you.

Benefits of the scheme

  • Most of your household contents are insured when in your home such as: furniture, TVs, clothing, carpets, electrical goods.
  • No excess on claims so you do not have to pay the first portion of any claim.
  • Payment of premiums by weekly or fortnightly instalments, or by monthly standing order.

Get an application form

Please contact the insurance section on 01695 585047 or call Customer Services on 01695 577177 to request an insurance pack.

Alternatively, collect one from the Council Offices, 52 Derby Street, Ormskirk or the Customer Service Point, The Concourse, Skelmersdale.

We strongly advise all tenants to take out household contents insurance. If you don't want to take advantage of the Council's insurance scheme then you should make your own private arrangements.

Contact us

Insurance and Risk Management Officer, Rebecca Spicer
Email: rebecca.spicer@westlancs.gov.uk
Tel: 01695 585098

Insurance Claims Investigator, Catherine Kirwan
Email: catherine.kirwan@westlancs.gov.uk
Tel: 01695 585047