Rent balance FAQ
Is there a cost?
- You will be responsible for charges made by your mobile phone operator, so ensure you check with them about what SMS charges could apply.
- If you use email this service is free, although you may incur internet service charges from your internet service provider.
Who can register and what accounts are included?
- You can register if you are a tenant and are responsible for the rent account.
- You can only register for the service if we have your details as the main account holder
- If you have a tenancy in joint names and both are responsible for the rent, then you must both register separately.
We can provide details about a current rent account for a tenanted property. We do not offer this service if you rent a garage or have a former tenant or recharge accounts
What information will I get?
- The total balance figure tells you if your account is in credit or arrears.
- On the last day of each month you will get the last ten account transactions on your rent account.
- If you have made a recent rent payment it will take at least three working days after the payment for it to show on your account balance.
- If you pay by direct debit, payments will show after the 1st or 15th of the month, depending on which date you have chosen to make your payments.
What if I forget the instructions on how to get the balance?
Just text Tbal to 07786204730 or email Ebal to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send the information to you.
What if I change my phone number or email address?
You will need to re-register with your new details. We will contact you to confirm the changes.
Please see our terms and conditions for more information
Can you send the information to a landline?
Unfortunately we cannot send information to a landline.
How do I unsubscribe from the service?
You may unsubscribe from the service by sending a text to 07786204730 or an email to email@example.com
The council will remove you from the service list within five working days following receipt of your text or email.