About West Lancashire Borough Council
We are proud of our ambition to be one of the very best Councils in
the country and recognise the important role played by all our
employees in helping us achieve our ambitions.
To be a Council to be proud of – delivering services that are
lean, local and fair.
We will deliver our vision by continuing to be an innovative
- Prioritises customers and the services that are most important
to quality of life;
- Work as ‘one council’ to provide a joined up approach;
- Is open and accountable in the way that it makes
- Develops and values employees;
- Promotes equality and diversity; and
- Works in partnership to benefit the Borough
Corporate priorities are:
- Balancing the budget and providing the best possible services
within the resources available;
- Focussing upon sustainable regeneration and growth within the
- Caring for our borough by delivering the small
improvements that can make a big difference
We will minimise uncertainty for staff and stakeholders by
continuing to implement a managed approach to change and explore
innovation as a means to secure further value to money.
Subject to affordability, our service priorities are:
- Protect and improve the environment and keep our streets clean
- Combat crime and the fear of crime;
- Work to create opportunities for and retain good quality jobs
in particular for local people;
- To be a top performing landlord;
- Improve housing and deliver housing that meets the needs of
local people, including affordable housing; and
- Provide opportunities for leisure and culture that together
with other council services contribute to healthier
The Council recognises that people are key to achieving our
objectives. We have around 620 employees and we know that they
are our most important asset, placing great emphasis on recruiting,
training and developing.
We have a huge range of jobs and careers with superb terms and
conditions. Here are just a few of our fields of work:
Administrative, Arts Development, Community Safety,
Conservation, Customer Relations, Development Control, Legal,
Housing, Human Resources, Office Cleaning, Pest Control, Planning,
Street Cleansing, Refuse Collection and Regeneration.
Vacancies can arise at any time so keep an eye on the website for
something that may suit you.