West Lancashire Borough Council Homepage

Moving: Council services

LaptopWhether you're moving to or within West Lancashire, you'll find below a useful list of council services you may need to contact. 


Online services

Whether you want to request a service, report a problem or make a payment, you can do it online, any time.

Council tax

If you're moving within West Lancashire, you can let us know by downloading, completing and returning the vacation form on the council tax forms and discounts page.


If you're moving to West Lancashire from another area, you will need to download, complete and return a new occupier form which can be found on the council tax forms and discounts page.


Refuse and recycling

Benefits and payments

Visit the benefits and payments section for information about:

Elections, voting and councillors

You can only vote in elections if your name is on the register of electors.


We update the register every autumn by sending forms out to all households in the borough, listing the people that are currently registered to vote. We can also add names at other times of the year. Visit the registering to vote page to:

  • Download a voter registration form
  • Find out more and contact us if you're already registered to vote but have recently moved into or within West Lancashire
  • To find or contact your borough councillor, visit the councillors page


Visit the housing section for information about housing, including:

Planning and building control

Visit the planning and building control section for information on:

Related information

Last Updated: 4/16/2013

Popular tasks
Here to help
Here to listen
Ideas to inspire
Your West Lancs

Enter your house, street or postcode to find information about where you live


West Lancashire Borough Council, 52 Derby Street, Ormskirk, West Lancashire L39 2DF
Tel: 01695 577177 | Email: customer.services@westlancs.gov.uk