Funding for flood-affected homes and businesses
We are continuing to help residents following flooding in West Lancashire over the Christmas and new year period 2015/16. Below are links to information about the help and funding available:
Funding for flood-affected homes
- Residents whose home has been affected by internal flooding will be eligible for a £500 one-off payment. They will also be able to have their Council Tax bills suspended for three months or longer in certain circumstances.
- Residents who do not have any house insurance or have other particular needs can apply to a local discretionary fund which is being administered by the Community Foundation for Lancashire. More details, including how to apply, are available at the Lancashire Flood Appeal (external link) website.
- Grants of up to £5,000 may also be available to homeowners flooded as a result of heavy rains between Christmas and New Year to fund additional flood resilience or resistance measures for their homes. For more information visit our flood resilience grants scheme page.
Funding for flood-affected businesses
- Business Rates Relief – temporary relief in relation to Business Rates can be applied for by contacting the Business Rates Team on 01695 587158 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Grants of up to £5,000 may also be available to businesses flooded as a result of flooding caused by heavy rains between Christmas and New Year to fund additional flood resilience or resistance measures. For more information please see flood resilience grants scheme.
If a business owner wishes to speak to the Borough Council for advice on any of these potential support schemes, including support with the application forms, businesses can contact the Business Development Officer on 01695 712559.