Registrar Services - Birth, Marriage & Death
Lancashire County Council provides Registrar services for West Lancashire.
- How to register a birth (external link): includes where and when to register, who can register, information that must be supplied, certificates and further advice
- How to arrange a marriage or civil partnership (external link): includes documents that need to be produced, the legal formalities, fees and approved premises.
- How to register a death (external link): includes where and when to register a death, who can register, information that needs to be supplied, certificates, taking a body out of England or Wales, and further advice.
Tell Us Once
Tell Us Once lets you report a death to most government organisations and local authority services in one go.
How to use the Tell Us Once service:
Online: visit Tell Us Once (external link)
By telephone: call the Department for Work and Pensions on 0800 085 7308, lines are open Monday-Friday, 8am-8pm. For non-English phoneline, call 0800 085 7308.
In person: for face to face service visit West Lancashire Borough Council Customer Service Points
- Ormskirk, 52 Derby Street, Ormskirk, West Lancashire, L392DF
- Skelmersdale, 142, The Concourse Shopping Centre, Southway, Skelmersdale, WN8 6LN.
Offices are open Monday-Thursday 9am-5pm, Friday 9am-4.45pm.
Local registrar's office
The local registrar's office for West Lancashire is the Ormskirk office (external link).
You can get copies of birth, marriage, civil partnership and death certificates from the Lancashire Registration Service - you can even order and pay for them online:
• Birth certificates (external link)
• Civil partnership certificates (external link)
• Marriage certificates (external link)
• Death certificates (external link)