Friday, July 22, 2016
Enjoy summer music concerts in Coronation Park
If you enjoy watching a live band then make sure you don’t miss the fantastic free entertainment lined up for the Summer Music Festival in Coronation Park, Ormskirk.
Groups playing music ranging from blues and Merseybeat to ska and two tone will be performing at the bandstand on Saturday afternoons, while local brass bands take centre stage on Sundays. All concerts begin at 2pm and end about 4pm, and there will be some seating so people can sit down, relax and enjoy the music.
Councillor Yvonne Gagen, West Lancashire Borough Council portfolio holder for Leisure, said: “Listening to live music is a great way to spend a summer afternoon, particularly when you can do it in lovely surroundings like Coronation Park, so come along and enjoy the music.”
The Saturday line up of bands is as follows:
- Saturday 30 July: Wayne Carrick Band (blues and covers band led by guitarist Wayne)
- Saturday 6 August: Ukes At The Wharf (local ukelele band)
- Saturday 13 August: Searchin (Merseybeat sound from the 60s)
- Saturday 20 August: Red Eyed Jedi (Best of local ska and two tone beats with brass section
- Saturday 27 August: George’s Big Shed (straight from Shedbeat Studios, rock, pop and blues originals from the power trio)
The brass bands performing are as follows:
- Sunday 31 July: Skelmersdale Prize Band
- Sunday 7 August: Flixton Brass Band
- Sunday 14 August: Coppull and Standish Brass Band
- Sunday 21 August: Farnworth and Walkden Band
- Sunday 28 August: Trinity Girls Brass Band
In the event of inclement weather please check with the park ranger on 01695 570258 that the bands are still playing.
Trinity Girls Brass Band will be performing on the same day that Ormskirk MotorFest takes place. Cars will be on display in the park and around Ormskirk town centre.
For more information about what's on in West Lancs please visit events.
For more information about volunteering opportunities with West Lancashire Borough Council’s Parks and Countryside Ranger Service please email email@example.com or phone 01695 622794. You can also follow the Rangers on Twitter @WLBC_Rangers or on Facebook (external link).