Monday, January 20, 2014
New Year, new start-up business
If you are starting up your first new business, or growing an existing enterprise as the new year begins then West Lancashire Borough Council can help put you on the right track.
January is the busiest time of year for people wanting to start or grow a business but do you know where to begin?
The Council’s Economic Regeneration Team offer a free support service to people based in West Lancashire, which includes:
- Searches for land and property, including office, industrial and retail
- Help with recruitment solutions including apprentices
- Access to networking opportunities and events
If your business meets certain eligibility criteria the team can also help with:
- Access to Start Up Lancashire workshops and a business advisor to help turn your business idea into a reality
- Signposting to financial solutions for start-ups and growing businesses
- Business rates discount for new or expanding retail businesses
Councillor Adrian Owens, portfolio holder for Regeneration, said: “Starting up a new business is one of the biggest challenges people can face and those first few months can be extremely daunting. We aim to help new businesses in that difficult initial period to increase their chances of becoming a success.”
There is a series of free monthly Start-Up Lancashire workshops available if you want to start a non-retail, business-to-business enterprise. These cover a range of topics focusing on developing the business idea, sales, marketing, finance and HR and are delivered by industry experts.
Sessions take place in Ormskirk and bookings are being taken for places at January, February and March events.
To find out more about support offered by the Council to businesses and the Start-up Lancashire workshops please visit our website www.westlancs.gov.uk/business, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Economic Regeneration Team on 01695 712692.