Thursday, July 23, 2015
Free music festival
Enjoy some fabulous free musical entertainment throughout the month of August at the Summer Music Festival in Coronation Park, Ormskirk.
Rock and pop bands will be performing at the bandstand on Saturday afternoons, while local brass bands take centre stage on Sundays. All concerts begin at 2pm and end about 4pm, and there will be some seating so people can sit down, relax and enjoy the music.
Councillor Yvonne Gagen, portfolio holder for Leisure, said: “There aren’t many better ways to spend a summer afternoon than listening to music in lovely surroundings like Coronation Park, so come along and enjoy the music.”
The line up for rock and pop bands in the park is as follows:
- Saturday 1 August: Shamones
- Saturday 8 August: Wayne Carricks Band
- Saturday 15 August: Red Eye Jedi
- Saturday 22 August: George’s Big Shed
- Saturday 29 August: Red Men Don’t Walk
Brass bands playing in the park are:
- Sunday 2 August: Flixton Brass Band
- Sunday 9 August: Farnworth & Walkden Brass Band
- Sunday 16 August: Coppull & Standish Brass Band
- Sunday 23 August: Trinity Brass Band
- Sunday 30 August: Skelmersdale Brass Band
Skelmersdale Brass Band will be performing on the same day that Ormskirk MotorFest takes place. Cars will be on display in the park and around Ormskirk town centre.
For more information about what's on in West Lancs please visit events