Thursday, April 17, 2014
Here is your chance to help improve your area by joining the community walkabout
Do you want to help make your neighbourhood a better place to live? Then make sure you take part in the Community Walkabouts with West Lancashire Borough Council.
Council housing staff have organised a series of walkabouts in different areas and want local people to join and play a role in helping to make their neighbourhood a more connected and vibrant place.
The walkabouts are a great opportunity for local residents to bring neighbourhood problems to the attention of Council officers.
The residents can also give us their ideas for how they believe their area can be improved.
Bob Livermore, Assistant Director Housing and Regeneration, said: “By getting involved in these events you can help make a real difference to the area where you live, meet new people and learn about your neighbourhood. So what are you waiting for? Get involved and come along to your community walkabout.”
The dates of walkabouts planned for the next few months and the areas they are planning to visit are as follows. They all start at 9.45am:
- 7 May, Little Digmoor, meet at the school on Abbeystead
- 28 May, Digmoor, meet at 185 Banksbarn
- 18 June, Pennylands, meet in parking bays opposite 1-5 Waldron
- 9 July, Birch Green, Fairburn, Fairhaven, Fairlie, Fairstead, Falkland, Fawcett; meet at parking bays at the rear of 12 and 13 Falkland
- 30 July, New Church Farm, meet at St Pauls Church
For more community walkabout dates and further information please go to community walkabout programme or call 01695 577177.