West Lancs logo
Thursday, September 10, 2015

There is still time to give your views on the draft Licensing Policy

There is still time for you to give your views on West Lancashire Borough Council’s draft Licensing Policy on gambling.

The Council is inviting local people and businesses to comment on the document which will set out how it will continue to exercise its powers under the Gambling Act 2005.

The Council is holding a public consultation until Friday 16 October 2015 so people can give their views to ensure the draft document reflects the opinions of residents and businesses in the Borough.

The Council has made changes to the policy to reflect the changes in legislation relating to licensed gambling across the Borough, including betting shops and bingo halls. The draft policy can be found at Licensing.

Councillor Kevin Wright, Portfolio Holder for Health and Community Safety said: “We are very grateful to everyone who has responded to the consultation so far. It’s essential that we get as much feedback from local people and business as possible to ensure our licensing policy remains a practical working document, so if you haven’t given your views already please let us know what you think.

“The draft document has considerable changes from the current policy which sets out how we exercise our powers in this area. We have placed more emphasis on the issues in the locality of licensed operations and how such businesses are expected to meet the requirements of the legislation. All the views we receive will be assessed by Members and will help shape the final policy.”

The Council has also contacted the police, the gambling commission, representatives of the licensed trade and cultural organisations to get a wide range of views across the Borough.

All comments received will be presented to the Licensing and Gambling Committee and the full Council for the members’ consideration.

To view of a copy of the draft policy, visit Licensing. A limited number of hard copies are available on request. You can submit your views online, via email at licensing.enquiries@westlancs.gov.uk or in writing to West Lancashire Borough Council Licensing Service, Robert Hodge Centre, Stanley Way, Skelmersdale WN8 8EE.

Your West Lancashire

Information for where you live