West Lancs logo
Thursday, February 04, 2016

Have your say on how the Council consults on planning matters

Do you have views on how West Lancashire Borough Council should consult people on planning matters?

West Lancashire Borough Council is required by law to consult various people on various different aspects of planning.   For example, the Council needs to notify neighbours about  planning applications, and to gauge the views of local residents and other interested people when preparing planning policy documents.

The Council has prepared a Statement of Community Involvement (SCI), which sets out how it will engage people in the planning process, whether in developing planning policy, dealing with planning applications, considering works to trees, or appraising Conservation Areas.  Adherence to the SCI will be an important consideration when testing how well the Council is carrying out its planning function.  The new SCI will replace an older document prepared by the Council in 2007.

The Council want to hear your views on the draft document during a public consultation which will run from Thursday 4 February to Friday 18 March 2016.  For information on how to share your views on this document with the Council please visit planning policy and click on the link to the Statement of Community Involvement (SCI), or call the Council on 01695 585068.

Councillor John Hodson, portfolio holder for Planning, said: “This Council is always interested in hearing the views of the residents of West Lancashire, and of those with an interest in the area. Planning Services regularly consult stakeholders, and we want to make sure we continue to engage with people in the most effective way possible.  The consultation exercise provides residents with a chance to give their views.”

Your West Lancashire

Information for where you live