Full Plans method
'Full Plans' means the submission of fully detailed plans, specifications, calculations and other supporting details to enable the building control officer to check compliance with the Building Regulations.
The amount of detail depends on the size and type of building works proposed. You should include a location plan showing where the building is relative to neighbouring streets.
Some of the advantages of using the Full Plans method are:
- The plans can be examined and approved before work commences
- The builder can work to the approved drawings in the knowledge that the detail complies with the regulations
- We aim to check submitted details within 15 working days of deposit. This means that, even where work has commenced, problems can be identified before work reaches an advanced stage
- Copies of the decision notice will be issued together with plans stamped accordingly and these can be retained with the property details
- The work is still subject to inspection at relevant stages
- A completion certificate is issued on satisfactory completion of the work
- Approved plans may be used for up to three years after deposit even if regulations change.
Make a submission
To submit an application by post,
and send it together with the required information and charge to the Council at West Lancashire Borough Council, Directorate of Development and Regeneration Services, 52 Derby Street, Ormskirk L39 2DF.
You can bring the submission and charge in person to the offices but these should be placed in a sealed envelope and deposited with the Customer Services reception. We are unable to provide a receipt for the charge at the reception point but one will be provided after the submission has been registered.
Mastercard / Visa Credit Cards: Please note a charge will be made for payments made via credit card.