West Lancs logo


The Heritage and Environment team actively promotes 'good' design through our bi-annual design awards. 

Using an architect

When planning works to historic buildings or within important historic areas, it  is wise to use a qualified architect who is sympathetic to conservation needs. The Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) (external link) lists those members who are knowledgeable and experienced in the conservation of historic buildings.