Making your application
Where planning permission is needed, you will need to make a formal planning application to the Council.
- Submit a planning application online through the Planning Portal site.
- Submit an application by post, download the application form and send it together with the required information to West Lancashire Borough Council, Directorate of Development and Regeneration Services, 52 Derby Street, Ormskirk L39 2DF.
- You can deliver the application in person to council offices. Items should be placed in a sealed envelope and handed in to the Customer Services reception.
Where an application relates to residential development the Council supports the use of the Building For Life 12 standard for assessing the quality of schemes. More information on design matters can be found on the Planning Applications and Design page.
You can pay for your application in the following ways:
- Online with your credit or debit card using our planning payment form . An online payment facility is also available, if required, in the reception areas of the Council Offices at 52 Derby Street, Ormskirk and the Customer Service Point, 1st Floor, The Concourse, Skelmersdale.
- Internet Banking Service by logging onto your own bank account and transferring the fee to the Council's bank account.
- BACS transfer
- Over the phone by calling a member of the Planning Support Team who will process the payment for you using your credit or debit card details (tel: 01695 585239).
- The Council's preferred card payment method is debit card
- A charge will be made for payments made via Mastercard/Visa credit cards
When paying by Internet Banking Service or BACS transfer it is essential that you quote the planning application number or quote 'planning' and provide the site location of the application so that when the payment is received the Council knows what the payment is for.
The Council's bank account details are:
National Westminster Bank Ltd
Account name: West Lancashire Borough Council
Account number: 86998404
Sort code: 01-06-45