If you require a formal opinion on proposals before submitting an application you should complete the appropriate request form, available to download below:
Information on the procedure for obtaining pre-application advice is provided in our guidance note Information on Pre-application Advice and for the drafting, negotiating and monitoring of Legal Agreements (PDF 54kb).
To process a request we require the appropriate form together with the fee and information detailed in the form/checklist. Failure to submit all information required will prevent us from being able to deal with your enquiry.
The application can be sent by email to email@example.com or by post to West Lancashire Borough Council, Directorate of Development and Regeneration Services, 52 Derby Street, Ormskirk, L39 2DF.
The details of any pre-application enquiry and responses given are treated in confidence. You should be aware however, that in accordance with the Freedom of Information Act 2000, the Data Protection Act 1998 and other legislation, the public has the right to inspect all papers connected with any subsequent planning application. In some circumstances, the council may be required to release certain information into the public domain by the Information Commissioner.
Pre-application advice fees
In line with other Lancashire authorities we have introduced charges for pre-application advice, specialist advice and for the drafting, negotiating and monitoring of legal agreements.
You can pay for pre-application advice fees in the following ways:
- Online with your credit or debit card using our planning payment form. An online payment facility is also available, if required, in the reception areas of the Council Offices at 52 Derby Street, Ormskirk and the Customer Service Point, 1st Floor, The Concourse, Skelmersdale.
- Internet Banking Service by logging onto your own bank account and transferring the fee to the Council's bank account.
- BACS transfer
- Over the phone by calling a member of the Planning Support Team who will process the payment for you using your credit or debit card details (tel: 01695 585239).
- The Council's preferred card payment method is debit card
- A charge will be made for payments made via Mastercard/Visa credit cards
When paying by Internet Banking Service or BACS transfer it is essential that you quote the pre-application reference number or quote 'planning' and provide the site location of the enquiry so that when the payment is received the Council knows what the payment is for.
The Council's bank account details are:
National Westminster Bank Ltd
Account name: West Lancashire Borough Council
Account number: 86998404
Sort code: 01-06-45