West Lancashire Borough Council Homepage

Household waste recycling centres

 If you have any extra household waste or recycling materials, you can take them to the  household waste recycling centres run by Lancashire County Council:


Burscough: Abbey Lane 

Skelmersdale: Glenburn Road       

What you can take:
  • Green garden waste
  • Newspapers, magazines, paper and cardboard
  • Glass bottles and jars, cans and plastic bottles
  • Electronic equipment
  • Wood
  • Scrap metal
  • Textiles, clothes and shoes
  • Fridges/freezers
  • Household and car batteries
  • Gas bottles
  • Rubble and hardcore

For more information: phone 0845 0500 957 or visit Household Waste Recycling Centres (external link).


Related information 

Last Updated: 11/5/2013

Popular tasks
Here to help
Here to listen
Ideas to inspire
Your West Lancs

Enter your house, street or postcode to find information about where you live


West Lancashire Borough Council, 52 Derby Street, Ormskirk, West Lancashire L39 2DF
Tel: 01695 577177 | Email: customer.services@westlancs.gov.uk