The masterplan for Skelmersdale town centre was adopted by the Council on Wednesday 10 September 2008, following a three year period of preparation and consultation.
We had a tremendous response to the consultation and would like to thank everyone who has taken part in helping to shape the future of Skelmersdale town centre.
The masterplan is in the form of a supplementary planning document (SPD). It sets out key development principles for the town centre, and provides guidance on the mix and scale of different land uses and how these should fit together to create an integrated, vibrant and successful town centre. The SPD will be a material consideration for the Borough Council when determining all planning applications in Skelmersdale town centre.
There are several documents related to the SPD listed below. These include a summary of the consultation process, and a number of technical documents relating to environmental appraisals of the masterplan:
- Download the list of objections and observations (PDF, 690kb) (including the Council's responses)
- Download the list of supporting comments (PDF, 195kb)
- Download the Consultation Assessment Report (PDF, 430kb)
- Download the Sustainability Appraisals (SA) (PDF, 40kb)
- Download the comments made on the SA (PDF, 32kb)
- Download the Appropriate Assessment Screening Report (PDF, 830kb)
- Download the Habitats Regulations consultation statement (PDF, 33kb)
- Download the adoption statement for the Masterplan (PDF, 23kb)
- Download the SA Scoping Report (PDF, 285kb)
- Download the Health Impact Assessment (PDF, 290kb)