Polling Review 2022
Interim Review of Polling Districts and Polling Places 2022
Conclusion of Review
On Thursday 6 October 2022 the Polling Districts and Polling Places Review Committee determined the outcome of the review. Changes made as part of the review will come into effect from 3 January 2023. As required by law, the following documents are published as part of concluding the review.
Download Polling Districts and Polling Places 2020 (PDF 146KB).
Link to the Agenda for the Polling Districts and Polling Places Review Committee - Thursday, 6th October, 2022 7.00 pm - Including all correspondence sent to the (Acting) Returning Officer in connection with the review, all representations made by any person in connection with the review and the minute of the meeting held by the Committee to consider the designation of polling districts and polling places within its area as a result of the review.
Maps of each Polling District can be accessed here
These documents are available for inspection in hard copy format at the Council Offices, 52 Derby Street, Ormskirk, L39 2DF.
Appeals against decisions taken by the Council as part of the review can be made on the following grounds;
- The review did not meet the reasonable requirements of the electors in the area, or a body of them, or;
- Take sufficient account of the accessibility for disabled persons of a polling station within a designated polling place.
Appeals can be made by the following;
- Any Parish Council which is wholly or party situated within the area,
- 30 or more registered electors in the area.
- Any person who made a representation as part of the review, or,
- Any person who has sufficient interest or expertise in the accessibility of disabled persons in relation to access to premises or facilities for the disabled.
Appeals must be made in writing to the Electoral Commission at; Legal Counsel, The Electoral Commission, 3 Bunhill Row, London, EC1Y 8YZ or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.