West Lancs logo

Your Self Service Account


Right of access

You have the right to request access to and details of the information we hold about you.  You will need to provide proof of your identify, including a utilities bill or bank statement with your current address and something confirming your identity such as a driving licence or birth certificate so that we can ensure that the correct data is provided to you and that your data and the data of others is adequately protected.

We will usually have to provide a copy of this to you free of charge. However, we may be able to charge a reasonable fee if a request is manifestly unfounded or excessive and we can charge a fee if you request further copies of information we have already provided to you.

We will also be able to refuse to act on your request where it is manifestly unfounded or excessive and may not be able to provide your data where it adversely affects the rights and freedoms of others.

For example
If other family members’ details are in your housing file, we would need to either obtain their permission to share this part of the file or redact that data.

You can exercise your right of access by completing our Access Request Form and sending it to us: Senior Admin and Elections Officer, West Lancashire Borough Council, 52 Derby Street, Ormskirk, Lancashire L39 2DF or emailing it to us: freedomofinformation@westlancs.gov.uk.