West Lancs logo

Your Self Service Account


Right to portability

You have a right to be provided with a copy of your data in an accessible electronic format. This right applies if you gave us the data with your consent or if the data was provided as required for a contract between you and the Council and the processing is electronic.

At your request we can pass this data to another data controller.

However, this right does not apply to data collected in any other circumstances.

For example
If you have used the rent balance on demand service you may ask to have a copy of your historical rent records transferred to a new landlord.

You can exercise your right to portability by completing our Portability Request Form and sending it to us: Senior Admin and Elections Officer, West Lancashire Borough Council, 52 Derby Street, Ormskirk, Lancashire L39 2DF or emailing it to us: freedomofinformation@westlancs.gov.uk.