West Lancs logo

Your Self Service Account


Right to rectification

If you feel that any data that we hold about you is inaccurate, you have the right to ask us to correct or complete it without undue delay.

Rectification can be achieved by adding to the record or creating a supplementary record. Even if we decide that the information is correct, we will place a statement from you on the record with the data you believe to be correct or stating your dispute.

However, if we need to make further checks or dispute that the data we hold is incorrect, we may restrict access to the data pending a decision.

You can exercise your right to rectification by completing our Rectification Request Form and sending it to us: Senior Admin and Elections Officer, West Lancashire Borough Council, 52 Derby Street, Ormskirk, Lancashire L39 2DF or emailing it to us: freedomofinformation@westlancs.gov.uk.