West Lancs logo

Your Self Service Account


Right to restriction

You can ask that the processing of your data is restricted where:

• You are contesting the accuracy of the data and we are seeking to verify it.
The processing of your data is unlawful, but you want the record preserved.
• You need the data to establish, exercise and/or defend a legal claim.
• You have exercised your Right to Object and a decision is pending.

In these circumstances the Council may only process the data with your consent or to establish, exercise and/or defend a legal claim or to protect the rights of another person or important public interest.


For example
You object to the Council processing leisure club attendance data for your children as you believe the records are inaccurate.

We may restrict access to the data while your objection is being considered and the data verified. However, an exception to this may be if the matter is being contested in court.

Where there is a request for restriction of processing in place, we must inform you before lifting that restriction.

You can exercise your right to restriction by completing our Restriction Request Form and sending it to us: Senior Admin and Elections Officer, West Lancashire Borough Council, 52 Derby Street, Ormskirk, Lancashire L39 2DF or emailing it to us: freedomofinformation@westlancs.gov.uk.