Business Support - Privacy Notice
1. Who We Are
Business Support, which is part of Economic Regeneration at West Lancashire Borough Council, takes your privacy very seriously and will keep your personal data secure at all times.
2. Your Data
We will use your personal data to contact you to assist with:
- Any business support and information we are able to provide
- Your Employment & Skills Charter Membership
- Commercial property search
- Checking your eligibility towards the Apprenticeship Grant or other business funding
3. Retention of Information
We will retain the personal data which we hold about you for:
- 2 years after we last communicated with you, regarding business news, support or Charter Membership, this is to make sure our communications are still relevant.
- 6 years for commercial property search. This influences future planning and identifies needs in the borough.
- 25 years for any applications made for grants or funding. This is due to European regulations around the use of public funds.
After this time it will be deleted from our systems.
4. Third Parties
Our current database, Evolutive is used to store information regarding the support and funding that businesses across Lancashire have received. The system is administered by Growth Lancashire, which is owned by several Lancashire local authorities. Direct access to this database is granted to partners, all of which have signed the Information Sharing Code of Practice. A copy of this, along with the list of partners is available from: www.growthlancashire.co.uk/privacy-statement (external link).
We may share your personal data with other services in the council to assist your needs. It may also be necessary to share your data with other organisations.
- Our partners, Growth Lancashire and with their funding bodies or representatives who facilitate a range of support on behalf of West Lancashire Borough Council.
- Local educational establishments who Charter Members agree to assist as part of their role.
- Public & private sector companies who administer grants on behalf of West Lancashire Borough Council.
You should be aware that some information relating to publicly funded projects may be declared to third parties under the Freedom of Information Act 2000.
5. Transfer of Data
We may transfer your personal data to a country outside of the EU.
Our email software, Mailchimp, is based in the USA and is part of the EU/US Agreement Privacy Shield.
6. Automated Decision Making
We do not engage in automated decision making using your personal data.