New affordable housing developments
We work with a range of stakeholders to try and introduce new affordable housing for residents of the borough.
Many practical issues exist, some of which are highlighted below:
- Defining if a need for affordable housing exists in any given location
- Finding a suitable plot of land on which to develop
- How to pay for the land and scheme construction
- How to keep scheme costs down, yet deliver high quality housing.
- Obtaining local community support for the scheme
- Obtaining planning permission
- Overcoming hurdles such as design considerations, conservation issues, and meeting Lancashire County Council Highway requirements
- Overcoming local objections
- Dispelling misconceptions about the development and who can access it