West Lancs logo

Disturbance allowance

If there is any damage to the decoration of your council home following a repair, you can request a decoration grant.

The maximum grant you can receive has been calculated as a total amount for each individual room and these are listed below.

However, if it is only a small area that requires redecoration, a surveyor will visit the property and advise on the amount of grant that will be issued to cover your costs:

  • Living room: £40.00
  • Dining room/Living room: £30.00
  • Bedroom 1: £35.00
  • Bedroom 2 and 3: £25.00
  • Hall: £28.00
  • Hall, stairs and landing: £42.00
  • Bathroom: £25.00
  • Separate WC: £15.00
  • Kitchen: £28.00

If you feel that you qualify for a grant or would like further advice, please contact Property Services. Our contact details are in the panel on the right of this page. 

Your West Lancashire

Information for where you live


Property Services


01695 585293

West Lancashire Borough Council
61 Westgate
Sandy Lane Centre