Health Day Friday 18 May
Active West Lancs are joining forces with the County-wide Health initiative #yourmileyourway.
Can you help us to reach our target of walking 24,901 miles – the equivalent of the circumference of Earth?
Join in this Lancashire-wide campaign during Active West Lancs’ Health Day to see how many miles we can clock up together. Special ‘Mile a Day’ events are being held across the whole of Lancashire on Friday 18 May, aiming to get as many people as possible completing one mile. This will also include getting as many school children in Lancashire as possible completing a mile during their school day.
We will be encouraging as many people as possible to complete a mile – whether that’s walking, running, cycling, swimming, rowing, or any other way you can think of!
Remember, don’t let your hard work go unrecognised – remember to PLEDGE YOUR MILE at Your Mile Your Way (external link)
Active West Lancs activities on Friday 18 May
- Royal Mile – Come down and join us at Coronation Park, Ormskirk and do #yourmileyourway around our Royal mile path – walk, jog, hop, skip, cycle, cartwheel, scooter etc – however you want to get round – you decide! We will be starting the mile at 1pm and then join us for a well-earned tea/juice and cake after your mile!
- Line Dancing – We will be having an outdoor line dancing session by the Bandstand at Coronation Park, Ormskirk at 2pm. So come on over and join in the fun – no co-ordination needed! Don’t forget to ‘pledge your mile’ as we will easily Line Dance the equivalent of a mile!
- In addition, if you are going to Park Pool, Nye Bevan or Burscough Leisure Centre that day – jump on the equipment, swim in the pool etc and clock up a mile that day (or over the course of the week)
Other activities that week:
If you can’t find time on the 18 to do your mile, feel free to join in our other free activities that week and pledge your mile a few days earlier!
- Energise Exercise Class at West Lancs Youth Zone, Skelmersdale, 9.30am – 10.30am
- Line Dancing at Greenhill Hub Community Hub, Skelmersdale , 10am – 12pm
- Health Walk at Richmond Park, Burscough, 10am – 11am
- Health Walk at Beacon Country Park, Upholland, 10.30am – 11.30am
- Health Walk at Coronation Park, Ormskirk, 1pm – 2pm
- Health Walk at Banks Leisure Centre, Banks, 10am – 11am
Don’t forget, our Active Gym, Active Weight and Couch to 5k courses run throughout the year so if you want to ‘keep those miles ticking over’, get in touch today!
For more information, please contact Active West Lancs:
Tel: 01695 585145
Active West Lancs (external link)