Community skips autumn 2020
West Lancashire Community Safety Partnership is making community skips available on specific days in the following locations so residents can get rid of unwanted rubbish or combustible materials:
- Tuesday 20 October: By the shops on the Scott Estate
- Wednesday 21 October: Ennerdale Community Centre, Tanhouse
- Thursday 22 October: At the end of Heversham, Birch Green
- Tuesday 27 October: Near the garages on Abbeywood, Little Digmoor
- Wednesday 28 October: Evermoor Hub, Digmoor
- Thursday 29 October: On the field at Cherrycroft, Moorside
The skips will be available from 9.30am until they are full.
The skips are for residents, not businesses, and are for getting rid of excess domestic waste and small amounts of garden waste rather than furniture or other large items. Please remember the whole community needs to use these skips when thinking about how much rubbish to dispose of in them.
Items that CANNOT be disposed of in the skips are:
- Gas Bottles
- Trade waste
- Commercial waste
Anyone who has large items to dispose of can use our bulky household waste collection service. We are sorry but this service can only currently be booked online.
Please stay safe when using the skips and remember to follow the latest government coronavirus measures for West Lancashire, including social distancing guidelines. Keeping two metres away from people you don't live with and not in your support bubble is still best.
Residents will be expected to put rubbish in the skips themselves, or they can get help from someone they live with or in their support bubble.