Grants to voluntary groups
The Council commissioned a 3 year revenue grant to voluntary organisations within the Borough which commenced April 2020. Following a tender exercise the following grants were approved:
- Advice Services - awarded to Citizen Advice Lancashire
- Independent Living - awarded to West Lancashire Crisis and Information Centre
- Infrastructure - awarded to West Lancashire Council for Voluntary Service
Community Chest grants
If you run a voluntary community, sport, play or art group - or you're thinking of setting one up - we may be able to help with funding.
Grants are available to groups or individuals. In the past, we've helped a variety of groups including Brownies and Guides, veterans, pensioner groups, and music, church and health groups.
To apply for help download an application form, complete it and send it to: Member Services, Legal and Democratic Services, West Lancashire Borough Council, 52 Derby Street, Ormskirk L39 2DF.
- Download Community Chest Application Form for organisations or groups (MS Word 126kb)
- Download Community Chest Application Form for individuals (MS Word 105kb)
- Download Corporate Privacy Notice
The council will give funding if you meet the set criteria. Please read the guidance notes at the start of the application before filling it in. Funding decisions are made three times a year; March, June and November.
The deadline for the June 2022 fund will be Monday 27th June 2022.
Older People's Champion grants
Grants of between £50 and £500 are available to voluntary groups, non-profit making and community organisations based in West Lancashire who work with or for elderly people.
- Download an Older People's Champion Grant Application form (MS Word 90kb)
- Find out more about the Older People's Champion