Extra support for your financial worries
15 staff from across the Council have joined the Financial Inclusion Team to provide up-to-date advice to residents suffering financially due to the Coronavirus pandemic.
The additional resource will mean that the team can widen their support which was previously just to help Council tenants, to residents as well.
Some of the areas staff can support with are:
- Helping residents make a claim for housing benefits, council tax support, and discretionary housing payments
- Advising residents on what they need to do to claim Universal Credit (UC)
- Giving advice on paying rent (including to private landlords) or a mortgage
- Homelessness issues
- Difficulties paying water and fuel bills
- Problems keeping up with credit card payments, payday loans, bank charges and bank loans and charges
Self-employed people and those in full time employment can also get advice on what to do if they are not working or in self isolation.
If you would like support at this time please register your details online at https://portal.westlancs.gov.uk/selfserve/?id=register_for_support
or call West Lancs Together on 0800 616667, 7am-7pm, Monday to Sunday. Once the West Lancs Together team receive your request and understand your needs, they will ask the Financial Inclusion Team to get in touch with you.
Councillor Jenny Wilkie, portfolio holder for Housing and Landlord Services, said: "We have increased our team as we want to provide support to as many people as we can. If you have financial problems caused by coronavirus and you need extra support please get in touch to see what we can do to help."