July 2019 News
- Refuse and recycling collections update 31 July
We would like to make residents aware that our recycling, refuse and garden waste collection teams in Aughton and the Richmond Avenue area of Burscough were unable to complete their rounds today (Wednesday 31 July).
- Improvement schemes are planned to make Ormskirk even more welcoming
Residents and visitors will see Ormskirk looking even more attractive with two important improvement schemes being planned by West Lancashire Borough Council
- Summer Fun with Active West Lancs!
Want to lose a little weight this summer? Active West Lancs has some great free sessions to help you 'Move it and Lose it' over the coming weeks
- Chapel Gallery summer activities
The Chapel Gallery in Ormskirk are planning a summer of activities that are out of this world
- Application by Aurora Energy Resources to Lancashire County Council for a wellsite
Lancashire County Council has written to residents in the area regarding the planning application from Aurora Energy Resources for a temporary wellsite at Suttons Lane in Great Altcar
- Sign up for exciting Junior Rangers events
Children aged between 5 and 12 can have fun in the great outdoors by joining the fabulous line up of summer holiday activities with the Junior Rangers Club
- Marvellous free musical entertainment in Coronation Park, Ormskirk
An exciting variety of bands are all part of the great line up for the fantastic free Music in the Park festival in Coronation Park, Ormskirk
- Skelmersdale artist wins top prize at Lancashire Open Exhibition 2019
The prestigious Lancashire Open Exhibition was unveiled at the Chapel Gallery in Ormskirk on Saturday 20 July
- Popular Yellowhammer walking route re-launched
After the success of the War Horse walking route, West Lancashire Borough Council is working with Gorse Hill Nature Reserve to re-launch another of the Borough's popular walks, The Yellowhammer Walking Route
- MotorFest star cars line up for big preview display
A fantastic line-up of cars will be on show in Ormskirk town centre on Saturday 27 July for a mouthwatering preview of what people are likely to see at one of the biggest free family events in the North West
- Residents welcome to join Community Action Days
West Lancashire residents in six locations across the Borough are being encouraged to get involved in Community Action and Engagement days in their neighbourhood
- Tell us what you think of proposals for new Leisure and Wellbeing Hubs
Residents in West Lancashire can still give their views on proposals to replace ageing leisure centres in Ormskirk and Skelmersdale with state-of-the-art Leisure and Wellbeing Hubs
- Fraudulent text message offering a refund is currently in circulation - 18 July
This text message has not been sent from West Lancashire Borough Council. If any West Lancashire residents receive a text message of this nature, please do not click on any website links or reply to the sender.
- Come and enjoy the fantastic Green Fayre
West Lancashire's premier countryside event the Green Fayre returns to Beacon Country Park on 20 and 21 July, and this fantastic free to enter extravaganza has something for everyone.
- New Investments financed from Efficiency Review
West Lancashire Borough Council has been looking at a number of ways they can innovate, save money and generate income as part of a programme to be self-financing from 2020/21
- New Management Structure for West Lancashire Borough Council
The Council, on 10th July, agreed the voluntary redundancy of Kim Webber, Chief Executive, as part of a package of savings and measures to deliver a sustainable and self-financing Council by 2021
- A new approach to the delivery of Council Services
West Lancashire Borough Council is implementing a new operating model to be able to maintain service provision and be financially sustainable beyond 2020/21
- What's important to you?
West Lancashire Borough Council wants you to contribute towards delivering improvements that can benefit the residents of West Lancashire
- Remember the victims of Srebrenica
West Lancashire Borough Council is joining a national campaign encouraging people to remember the victims of the genocide in Srebrenica
- Statement of Support on Srebrenica Memorial Day, 11 July 2019
On Srebrenica Memorial Day, 11 July 2019, West Lancashire Borough Council remembers the 24th anniversary of the Srebrenica genocide
- Temporary Road Closure until Friday 26th July - Beechtrees, Skelmersdale
We would like to make West Lancashire residents aware that part of Beechtrees, Skelmersdale will be closed and temporary lights have been set up until Friday 26th July.
- Your right to vote - West Lancashire Borough Council’s annual voter registration canvass
Local residents will soon be sent a request to check the information that appears on the electoral register for those living at their address is correct.