Welcome Back Fund brings family entertainment to West Lancashire
West Lancashire Borough Council is delivering a range of family friendly entertainment across Skelmersdale, Burscough and Ormskirk to help support local high streets and businesses.
The events are being funded by the Governments Welcome Back Fund and will be free for families looking for activities during the summer holidays.
The events planned are:
Sandy Lane, Skelmersdale
- Saturday 21st Aug: 'Welcome Back' – Giant Games, balloon modelling
- Saturday 4th Sep: Giant Games, face painter
The main high street, Burscough
- Saturday 21 Aug: 'Welcome Back' - Birds of Prey display and Face painter
- Tuesday 24th Aug: Interactive Games
- Thursday 26th Aug Mr Stix Children's Entertainer
- Saturday 4th Sep: Interactive Games
The main high street, Ormskirk
- Friday 20th Aug: 'Welcome Back' event showcasing Titan the Robot, Acro Chaps and Mr Stix
- Wednesday 25th Aug: Interactive Games and a Face Painter
- Friday 27th Aug: Interactive Games and a Balloon Modelling
Councillor Ian Moran, Leader of the Council said "We are delighted to have this funding so we can support families by providing free entertainment over the school holidays and can help support our local businesses. We know these events will be really popular so we ask everyone to continue to stay safe and social distance."
The Welcome Back Fund is providing councils across England a share of £56 million from the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) to support the safe return to high streets and help build back better from the pandemic. This funding builds on the £50 million Reopening High Street Safely Fund (RHSSF) allocated to councils in 2020 and forms part of the wider support government is providing to communities and businesses.
This funding can be used to run publicity campaigns and hold activities in the town centre that will boost footfall and encourage people back into the town centre safely and thereby supporting local businesses.