Planning applications & enforcement
- Do I need planning permission?
- Pre-application advice
- Applying for planning permission
- Section 106 information
- Comment on or object to a planning application
- Search for planning applications and decisions
- Planning and enforcement appeals
- Breaches of planning control and enforcement notices
- Planning Committee reports and information
- Advice and FAQs
- Glossary and Useful Links
Given the ongoing effect of the Coronavirus pandemic, we are experiencing a high volume of applications and communications by email, post and telephone. There is currently a backlog of planning applications to be validated and the receipt of some consultation responses, which may impact on timescales and we may request an extension of time to determine some applications. There is also a significant backlog of enforcement complaints which remain under investigation.
To avoid any delay in the validation and registration of planning applications, all submissions should be made online via the Planning Portal.
If a site visit cannot be carried out safely, we will not be able to progress some applications or enforcement complaints. These will be assessed on a case by case basis. To enable officers to assess applications and enforcement matters you may be asked to provide photographs of your property.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation.
Download the Building Control Services leaflet (PDF 797kb)