Planning application fees
For any planning application or pre-application advice a you will be charged a fee. To find the cost of your application, please follow the links below:
Pre-application advice fees
In line with other Lancashire authorities we have introduced charges for pre-application advice, specialist advice and for the drafting, negotiating and monitoring of legal agreements.
Paying planning application fees
- Download the fee schedule (external link)
- Fees guidance: explains planning related fees and the method of calculating them (external link)
- You can also use the fees calculator (external link) available through the Planning Portal to assist you.
The fee can be paid in the following ways:
- Online with your credit or debit card using our online form.
- Internet Banking Service by logging onto your own bank account and transferring the fee to the Council's bank account.
- BACS transfer
When paying by Internet Banking Service or BACS transfer it is essential that you quote either the application number, Planning Portal reference or quote 'planning' and provide the site location of the application so that when the payment is received the Council knows what the payment is for.
The Council's bank account details are:
National Westminster Bank Ltd
Account name: West Lancashire Borough Council
Account number: 86998404
Sort code: 01-06-45
We are experiencing a high volume of applications and communications by email, post and telephone. There is currently a backlog of planning applications to be validated, which may impact on timescales and we may request an extension of time to determine some applications. There is also a significant backlog of enforcement complaints which remain under investigation.
To avoid any delay in the validation and registration of planning applications, all submissions should be made online via the Planning Portal.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation.