Search and view planning applications
Public Access is an online database which allows you to view details of planning applications and appeals that have been submitted to the Development Management section of West Lancashire Borough Council. To search for planning applications, use the link below:
- Search and view planning applications (This service is available again)
You can also:
- Monitor / track the progress of an application
- Comment on a planning application
- Search a list of applications validated and decided each week
- See whether an appeal has been lodged and any appeal decisions
- Research details of historic applications
- View property details by reference to a map
- Search and view Building Regulations submissions
A guide is available on How to use Public Access (PDF 1130kb).
You can view the details of planning applications and appeals from 1 January 1990. If you require details of applications before 1990 or a full planning history for a property it would be advisable to submit a Site History Enquiry or a Local Land Search.
You can also view and download plans and documents (subject to copyright) relating to applications received since 1 January 2000. There are a number of applications received between 2000 and 2004 where the documents have not been published. To view unpublished documents email your request to email@example.com
The online planning history contained within the site should not be relied upon in connection with a property or legal transactions.
Copyright - Downloading plans and documents
Your particular attention is drawn to the following:
Planning application information including plans & drawings submitted to the Council are protected by the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 (Section 47). You may only use material which is downloaded and/or printed for consultation purposes, to compare current applications with previous schemes and to check whether developments have been completed in accordance with approved plans. Further copies must not be made without the prior permission of the copyright owner.