West Lancs logo

Dangerous wild animal

The Dangerous Wild Animals Act 1976 states that licences are required from the Council to keep certain animals. Application must be made to the Council who will inspect the premises where the animal is to be kept with a vet to ensure that the conditions, cages, food etc is suitable.



Dangerous wild animals licence: £259.15 plus vet fee if required. Licences last for 2 years.

Will tacit consent apply?

A licence will only be granted when the Council is satisfied that it would not be contrary to public interest on the grounds of safety or nuisance, that the applicant is a suitable person and that the animal's accommodation is adequate and secure.