Household waste recycling centres
If you have any extra household waste or recycling materials, you can take them to the household waste recycling centres run by Lancashire County Council:
Burscough: • Abbey Lane (external link)
Skelmersdale: • Glenburn Road (external link)
What you can take
- Green garden waste
- Newspapers, magazines, paper and cardboard
- Glass bottles and jars, cans and plastic bottles
- Electronic equipment
- Scrap metal
- Textiles, clothes and shoes
- Household and car batteries
- Gas bottles
- Rubble and hardcore (please be aware that you are now required to obtain a free annual inert waste permit (external link) before you go)
For more information: phone 0300 123 6781 or visit Household Waste Recycling Centres (external link)
For information and guidance on the safe disposal of hazardous waste, please visit the county council's hazardous waste page (external link).
If you use a van, certain types of commercial vehicles or a trailer, or if you wish to recycle inert waste you must apply for a free permit before you visit a recycling centre.
There are three types of permits available:
- Recyclable waste permit
- General waste permit
- Inert waste permit
To find out more or to apply for a permit, visit the the county council's waste permit page (external link).