Lancashire Skills Pledge
Are you a West Lancashire business passionate about West Lancashire? If yes, then sign up to the Lancashire Skills Pledge.
The Lancashire Skills Pledge provides businesses with one place to find out more information about employer facing skills and training initiatives.
The benefits of signing up to the Skills Pledge include;
- Opportunity for community engagement
- Verification of meeting Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) goals
- Evidence of meeting social value outcomes
- Build your talent pipeline
- Widen your talent pool
- Develop skills – managing/mentoring/coaching, strategic thinking, public speaking and delivering activities
- Qualification and training opportunities
- Positive publicity
- Receive a digital Skills Pledge badge and certificate which you can use on your website, social media platforms etc. to evidence your commitment to inspiring and upskilling the people of Lancashire
You only need to sign up and then a Pledge Partner, who is an expert, will get in touch with you to find out more about employer facing skills and training initiatives and to achieve your Pledge. Pledging will give your business recognition for the things it does to upskill, recruit and inspire the people of Lancashire.
There is no cost to your business.
What is the aim of the Lancashire Skills Pledge?
The aim of the Lancashire Skills Pledge is to recognise businesses that are already working to improve the skills of their staff and young people, and to encourage others to get involved to formally pledge to invest in the skills of people living and working in the Borough.
The Lancashire Skills Pledge encourages businesses to choose as many of the seven pledges that they are interested in and/or the ones they are already doing
- Give an hour
- Be an Enterprise Adviser
- T Level industry placements
- Take on an Apprentice
- Become an Apprenticeship Ambassador
- Employ people who are out of work
- Skills support for the workforce
How do I sign up?
To sign up, simply visit Lancashire Skills Pledge (external link) and look through the Skills Pledges and choose the ones that you are interested in and/or the ones you are already doing. You can find out more about each pledge using the 'Tell me More' button. Pick as many as you want and they will appear in 'Your Pledges' basket.
You will then be asked to provide your details so that The Lancashire Enterprise Partnership’s Skills and Employment Hub can help you to pledge.