Sign up and create a customer account to access online services and to keep track of your enquiries and alerts you have sent through to the Council.
- Register for an account to access online services and keep track of your enquiries whether you want to request a service, make a payment or report a problem to us, you can do it online, any time - more than 150 services are available online 24/7.
- Tell us something we need to know: The Council acts on alerts from the general public about issues such as fly tipping, noise nuisance and stray dogs. We ask that these are reported through your customer account so we can take appropriate action.
- If you have a general inquiry, click here.
- Customer feedback
- Democracy enquiry form
- For filming requests please email email@example.com
Customer Services deals with around 20,000 calls a month and is the first point of contact for all Council enquiries. Calls are answered from 8.30am-5.30pm, Monday to Friday, with a 24 hour answer and emergency service out of office hours.
- Call us: 01695 577177
- Minicom for deaf or hard of hearing customers only: 01695 585029
- Housing repairs: 01695 577177
- Out of hours homelessness emergency line: 01695 577177
Customer Services Points
The opening hours are Tuesdays-Thursdays 10am-3pm. We will be happy to see you, and ask that you join our staff in keeping to the government's guidance designed to keep us all safe during the coronavirus pandemic, which includes wearing a mask in enclosed spaces (unless you are exempt) and observing social distancing (two metres is best). You can also access many Council services through your online account with us (link to Service Now) and find a lot of information about the Council on this website.
West Lancashire Borough Council has two main customer contact points in the borough: the council offices in Ormskirk and the Customer Service Point in Skelmersdale.
Council Offices, 52 Derby Street, Ormskirk L39 2DF
This is the main office of West Lancashire Borough Council.
- Directions to council offices, Ormskirk (external link)
- Download information about using public transport to visit us (PDF 72kb)
- Find out about car parking in Ormskirk
Please note: Wigan Road/Abbotsford entrance to Derby Street car park is closed to cars.
There is a pay and display car park at the council offices. If you are staying for less than 30 minutes, you can obtain a free parking ticket from the pay and display machines on the car park.
If you will be longer than 30 minutes you will need to purchase a parking ticket from any of the pay and display machines. Parking tickets must be clearly displayed in the windscreen of your vehicle.
Customer Service Point (CSP), Concourse, Skelmersdale WN8 6LN
The Customer Service Point (CSP) is a great service for Skelmersdale residents at the Concourse. Drop in while you're shopping to ask a question or request a service.
Download information about using public transport to visit us (PDF 72kb)
West Lancashire Borough Council, PO Box 16, 52 Derby Street, Ormskirk, L39 2DF.
To help us improve our website, please leave your feedback here.
New secure email system
West Lancashire Borough Council is committed to managing your data securely. To enhance the security of any data sent via email, we are pleased to announce that we have started using a method of secure email encryption and large file transfer called Egress.
Encrypting an email with Egress means if the email is intercepted by anyone, they will be unable to read the message.
If you are sent an encrypted email only you will be able to read it and the attached documents. To help you open an email sent securely using Egress, we have put together a user guide, which you can find here. You may have to enlarge the image to read all of the text properly:
You can also use Egress to respond to encrypted emails and keep your data safe.
Egress is used extensively by public sector organisations and conforms to the industry standard of email security. We will also use it to encrypt any sensitive or personal information we send to partner organisations. Using the large file transfer facility proved by Egress, we will easily be able to send large documents that would usually be over the maximum size limit for one email.
If you have a media enquiry, please email the Communications Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information on how we handle your personal data, please see the Customer Services Privacy Notice (60kb) on our Website, hard copies of which are available on request.