Leaving the European Union
The United Kingdom left the European Union (EU) on the 31 January 2020 and there is now a transition period until the end of 2020 while the UK and EU negotiate additional arrangements.
The current rules on trade, travel, and business for the UK and EU will continue to apply during the transition period but new rules will take effect on 1 January 2021.
Should these negotiations fail, with no extension or cancellation of Article 50 agreed, then the UK will leave the transition period without a deal.
You need to act now if you’re:
- importing goods from the EU (external link)
- exporting goods to the EU (external link)
- moving goods to or from Northern Ireland (external link)
- travelling to the EU (external link)
- living and working in the EU (external link)
- staying in the UK if you’re an EU citizen (external link)
To check the new rules from January 2021 and to find out what you need to do visit Brexit Transition (external link)