Caravan sites

To run a caravan site you need to apply for a licence. Conditions may be attached to a licence to cover any of the following:

  • Restricting when caravans can be on the site for human habitation or restricting the number of caravans that can be on the site at any one time 
  • Controlling the types of caravans on the site 
  • Controlling the positioning of the caravans or regulating the use of other structures and vehicles including tents 
  • To ensure steps are taken enhance the land, including planting/replanting bushes and trees 
  • Fire safety and fire fighting controls 
  • To ensure that sanitary and other facilities, services and equipment are supplied and maintained 
  • Flood risk, flood warning signs and evacuation procedures

Licences will not be issued to applicants who have had a site licence revoked within three years of the current application.


Please contact the Private Sector Housing Team. Details are in the contact panel on the right of this page.

Data protection is important to us. Information on how we handle and protect your data including our Corporate Privacy Policy can be found here.

Will tacit consent apply?

Tacit consent will apply.

This means that you will be able to act as though your application is granted if you have not heard from the Council by the end of the target period.