Drivers - private hire and hackney carriage
Cost of licences
The following are required as part of your application:
- New Private Hire, Hackney Carriage or Dual driver licence (3 year licence) = £207.85
- Group II medical from your family Doctor = £60.00-£140.00 approx
- DBS check = £38.00
- Additional Fee for Online DBS processing = £9.60
- Statutory declaration from your solicitor = £5.00 approx
- If you fail the Knowledge Test there is a £23.71 re-sit fee
Other miscellaneous fees may apply:
- Replacement drivers badge = £23.71
- Duplicate licence = £23.71
DBS Enhanced Disclosure Forms
All applicants are required to complete an online DBS Disclosure application. The online application service is much quicker than the postal service and costs an additional £9.60 per disclosure.
To use this service you will need to be provided with login details. These details will only be provided on appointment at which point you will be able log onto personnelcheck (external link) to complete the form.
As part of the application process, all applicants are required to provide details of all convictions, cautions and fines that may have accrued over time. All such offences should be disclosed regardless of age. The Council will verify this information by checking the specific declaration with the details held by the DBS and DVLA.
National Fraud Initiative - Fair Processing Notice
This authority is under a duty to protect the public funds it administers, and to this end may use the information provided on Private Hire driver licence application forms for the prevention and detection of fraud. It may also share this information with other bodies responsible for auditing or administering public funds for these purposes. For further information see our National Fraud Initiative page.