Bonfire and firework safety
Lancashire Fire and Rescue service can provide safety information about:
- Where to site a bonfire
- What you can and cannot burn
- How to check a fire is safe before lighting it
- What the person in charge of the fire should do
- Storing fireworks safely
- Lighting fireworks safely
- How to keep children safe
- Looking after your pets on bonfire night
Things you definitely don't do!
- Never try to re-ignite malfunctioning fireworks
- Never give ANY firework item to small children
- Never throw fireworks at another person
- Never carry fireworks in your pocket
- Never shoot fireworks from metal or glass containers.
- Never experiment, modify, or attempt to make your own fireworks
Keep children well away from fireworks, and never let a child handle or light one. Even sparklers can be dangerous if unsupervised! Do not give sparklers to a child under five. Make sure that children are aware of the dangers.